Agricultural Science

Leaving certificate Agricultural Science is a fast growing subject that is becoming very popular among students. One of the greatest strengths of the subject is that 25% of the grade can be acquired from practical work completed during the 2 year course. This practical work involves experimenting and researching for example 2019/20 relates to sustainability in agriculture. The remaining 75% is based on the final leaving certificate examination in 6th year. The subject content includes learning about soils and their composition, crops, grassland, animal nutrition and physiology, genetics, dairy, beef, sheep and pigs. This course can be interesting to all students regardless of whether they come from a farming background and the practical element of the subject helps students to really grasp the theory they study.

%d bloggers like this: