Coláiste Éamann Rís, Callan is a voluntary secondary school under the trusteeship of the Edmund Rice Schools Trust (ERST). We currently enrol boys only but we do have a significant number of girls attending some classes. The following policies are informed by the Edmund Rice School’s Trust Charter and that Charter has five key elements:
1. Nurturing faith, Christian spirituality and gospel-based values
2. Promoting partnership in the school community
3. Excelling in teaching and learning
4. Creating a caring school community
5. Inspiring transformational leadership.